A Journey In Consciousness

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Human Voice

The voice is another representation of the soul. It is possible to hear the current state of a human being by attempting to listen to the sound of the voice, separate from the content of what a person is saying. Meaning, completely ignore the content but just listen to the sound, the subtle nuances of the voice.

I remember at one point sitting in a train in Europe when an (Eastern) Indian man struck a conversation with me. He gave me a lecture on Indian philosophy, which is a mode Indian people easily slip into when they meet "Westerners". Any risksha driver in India will do this. He kept talking about the Bhagavad Gita and other scriptures. At one point I decided to interrupt him and said: "That is fine. But tell me, why are you depressed?"

He was very shocked and asked how I knew that he was depressed. I said, everything about you carries an air of depression. Your eyes, your voice ... all convey the message of depression.

He stopped his lecture mode completely and then began to tell me how he left London because there was no work and that he was desperately seeking employment to feed his family.

The eyes and the voice will instantly reveal the spiritual condition of a human being. Just pay attention and the soul's state is conveyed in an instant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Web Counter