A Journey In Consciousness

Monday, May 26, 2008

The Transcendental Experience

My personal spiritual journey started when I was approximately 18 years old, in Frankfurt, Germany. I was extremely fortunate in the sense that very quickly I met a Yogi from India who instructed my in the most ancient of yogic sciences, without me initially actually having a clue of what I was being given. I learnt Yoga Asanas, purification exercises, and meditation techniques the preciousness of which I did not understand right away.

I pursued this work with the intensity of youth and the determination of a Capricorn. Quickly I spent 3 to 5 hours a day with my practices, which was easy because there were so many of them.

I received yogic training. In those days, the early 70, yoga was fairly unknown and the training that I received differed greatly from what is currently taught in Yoga Schools around the world, which to me is painfully superficial.

The entire training I received, asanas, bandhas, mudras, mantras and kriyas, was aimed at one thing only: to open the inner space, to find access to Samadhi. Even this I did not understand immediately, but I know that my new life made me feel wonderful in every fiber of my being.

Soon the inner dimensions began to open up and the mysteries of meditation began to touch me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Web Counter