A Journey In Consciousness

Thursday, June 17, 2010

How to call the Taras

Tara Invocations


For quite a while we have been invoking Tara, a female Buddha, in her many aspects. Tara comes in 21 different aspects that can be invoked in accordance to your specific life needs. The responses come in fast and strong. It is such a Grace.

The following are the 22 names of Tara (Green Tara, The Mother of The Buddhas and 21 aspects.) I am presenting the invocational formula as used in our house.

WHITE TARA
1 Najama --- destroys poisons

I call forth the power and the presence of Najama. I give you my body, heart and soul. Pledging completely to the destruction of all suffering, I request all poisons and negativities of any kind to be removed from my body, heart and soul.

2 Mipangyalma --- invincibility

I call forth the power and the presence of Mipangyalma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Pledging completely to the protection and the furthering of the Three Gems, bring invincibility to all of our plans and aspirations.

3 Odzerchenma --- Rays of Light

I call forth the power and the presence of Odzerchenma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Pledging completely to the dissemination of compassionate acts of kindness, I request you illuminate every atom of our bodies, hearts and souls and of our loved ones.

4 Rabshima ---- Deep Peace

I call forth the Power and the Presence of Rabshima. I give you my body, heart and soul. Let the Deep Peace of all Awakened Beings fill me completely, so that I may shower it upon everyone who comes before me.

5 Yangchenma ---- Divine Creativity

I call forth the Power and the Presence of Yangchenma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Bless and empower me with Divine Creativity at all times.

PALE PINK TARA
6 Sengdeng-nakidolma --- Saviouress of the scented forest

I call forth the power and the presence of Sengdeng-nakidolma. I give you my body heart and soul. Bring health to all forests that require healing.

RED TARA
7 Dapung-jomzema --- Destroyer of opposing forces.

I call forth the power and the presence of Dapung-jomzema. I give you my body, heart and soul. I pledge completely to bringing compassion, beauty, joy and abundance to all those who come before me and to myself also. I request that all influences that oppose my plans and aspirations --- be nullified.

8 Jigten-sumlegyalma ---Conqueror of the three worldly realms

I call forth the power and the presence of Jigten-sumlegyalma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Shower me with your graces, that I may be a blessing to all who come before me.

9 Nyarna-pamo --- Swift Heroine

I call forth the power and the presence of Nyurna-pamo. I give you my body, heart and soul. Let all my prayers be answered rapidly.

10 Ritoma --- Moutain-dwelling mendicant

I call forth the power and the presence of Ritoma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Bless and empower me completely with your attributes.

LIGHT BROWN TARA
11 Namgyalma --- Victory

I call forth the power and the Presence of Namgyalma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Pledging completely to the process that brings healing and cessation of suffering to all sentient beings and to myself, I request that all my plans and aspirations be granted total success.

13 Nanchog-terma --- Giver of Supreme Virtue. Embodiment of the six transcendental perfections

I call forth the power and the presence of Nanchog-terma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Let all my decisions, plans and aspirations take place on the grounds of Divine Virtue.

14 Tashi-donjema --- Auspiciousness

I call forth the power and the presence of Tashi-donjema. I give you my body, heart and soul. Let every moment of our lives be filled with Divine Auspiciousness.

DARK BROWN TARA
15 Jigjema --- Terrifier; subdues evil spirits, cures illness caused by evil spirits

I call forth the power and the presence of Jigjema. I give you my body, heart and soul. Pledging completely to the protection and the furthering of the Three Gems, I request all negative emanations be removed from our lives. Destroy them completely that we may be most impactful vehicles for the Buddhas.

16 Rigjema --- Giver of Intelligence

I call forth the power and the presence of Rigjema. I give you my body, heart and soul. Grace me that all my decisions take place on the grounds of Divine Intelligence and Wisdom Discernment.

17 Shenlenam-pargyalma --- Conqueror of others

I call forth the power and the presence of Shenlenam-pargyalma. Pledging completely to the protection and the furthering of the process that alleviates suffering for all sentient beings, I request that all those who oppose my aspirations be completely nullified in their influences.

DARK TAN TARA
18 Barwod-chenma --- Blazing Light

I call forth the power and the Presence of Barwod-chenma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Fill us completely with your Blazing Light.

19 Norterma --- Provider of Wealth

I call forth the power and the presence of Norterma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Empower us completely with immense monetary force so that we may use it in the context of compassion and healing.

GREEN TARA
20 Jetsun-dolma --- Incomparable Savior, Mother of the Buddhas

I call forth the power and the presence of Jetsun-dolma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Empower us completely so that we may feed your children on all planes.

BLACK TARA
21 Shengyi-mitobma --- Invincible

I call forth the power and the presence of Shengyi-mitobma. I give you my body, heart and soul. Pledging completely to the process that brings alleviation of suffering to all sentient beings, I request our lives, plans and aspirations be filled with invincibility.

22 Tonyerchen --- Wrathful

I call forth the power and the presence of Tonyerchen. I give you our bodies, hearts and souls. Surround us with your Wrathful Protection at all times.


What is of utmost importance is that the invocations begin with the offfering of your body, heart and soul to the Divine so that we become complete Embodiments of Divine Presence. The requests which then follow may differ from person to person and are of course interchangeable.

Practice what is written above without ceasing and watch your life soar into Most Magnificent Realms of Existence.

(Pronunciation: Tibetans have a special prayer that asks for forgiveness concerning mistakes of pronunciation or translation. So do your best and be happy.)

2 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was wondering where you found this list and order of Taras it is different than what I have been taught. Maybe another school of another Tibetan tradition. On Tare!

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Andreas Mamet (Sw. Anand Karunesh) said...

There are different sequences and even colors of Taras, depending on which school or timeline you tap into. Within Tibetan Buddhism there are many variations indeed concerning practice and how to pronounce Mantras. They even have special prayers that apologize for any possible mistakes during practice. What matters is if it works. And that you have to find out through practice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Web Counter