A Journey In Consciousness

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Facebook Sharing...

The greater part of hell is not dedicated to violence. It is dedicated to seducing people into believing that the pursuit of trivia should be important and the pursuit of what is existentially essential --- is not.
Andreas Mamet
17 hours ago · ·
  • 4 people like this.
    • Scott Jones That's a great quote!
      17 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner thanks Scott...I think so too. Cuts right to the core.
      15 hours ago ·
    • Kathleen M. Keith Wow! So apropos! A zinger for our times...
      15 hours ago ·
    • Margi Macdonald Am taking that into my day.
      12 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae Keep them distracted. Yeah, that's the ticket.
      12 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner no lack of distractions are there. Taking a look at where we put our energy...why and what for is a task in itself. What are we getting?? instant gratification? Numbing?
      8 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae There's a payoff for everything. Follow the payoff...
      8 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner there is the job/financial reality that has to be addressed...and then what? We educate ourselves, we escape, we compete/exercise, etc, etc....just think of all the time and energy on pop culture??? Yikes...how much "meaning" is there in dancing with the stars.....not that I don't get pulled in.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner exactly. What gives peace...joyfulness.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae Some people really and truly love to dance; there's nothing they'd rather be doing. I find this strange myself but they probably wouldn't spend hours sniffing essential oils either! We're all so different. We do, for the most part, what makes us feel good. Whatever that is. Unless there's something wrong with us...
      8 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner yes....and I love dance. What I see isn't so much appreciation of the dance form but hype. Larry King devoted a whole program to dancing with the stars. I found that disturbing. just me. Since many shows now have viewer participation with voting, ect. it is an added boon to feel involved in something....but are you danicing.Are you really involved in something? Of course you are being entertained.....Not many will understand this point that I cannot make very well. I'm used to being odd.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae I watched Dancing with the Stars while I was on the treadmill the other night. It's not something that I would normally watch (I don't watch TV, except when I'm on the treadmill) but it was fun! I'm not sure about the Larry King thing. I do know that when the war in Iraq was raging, the #1 focus in this country for many people was what Brad and Angelina were doing. I found this very strange.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae And we're still occupying Iraq! :0(
      8 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner Just imagine...what sort of power is available if we all chose to focus some of our energy on...fill in the blank with something important for harmony on our planet. Although it may not entertain us.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae The more *minds* that focus on a single thought at the same time, the more power behind this thought there is.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae I've asked people, many times, to focus on something with me (pick a subject, any subject) on a certain day of the week and time of the day but no one seems to be interested in doing this.
      8 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner
      I think most of us just stretch ourselves you know....we all work so flipping hard and then come home to escape...rest. Committment is hard. I start praying the minute my eyes open....I pray when I wake up at night. If I'm lucky I sneak ou...See More
      7 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Sonsa Rae If we all focus on one topic on the same day of the week and time of the day we could probably bring this thought to fruition, whatever it is, in record time. It's certainly worth a try.
      7 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner
      I'm in. Let's do it. Shall we just decide what day and time now....topic?
      Healiing of our mother earth. Peace to envelope our hearts and everyone's heart...everywhere.
      I am sorry, please foregive me for all suffering, I love you. thank yo...See More
      7 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Sonsa Rae I'm looking right now at the international time zones to try and figure out when the majority of people I know will be awake. When it's 9:00 p.m. in San Francisco it's midnight in New York and 5:00 a.m. in London. The rest of the world is awake at this time except for Brasilia, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Santo Domingo, La Paz, San Juan, Halifax, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, etc. I don't know too many people in these areas so I'd rather target the areas where I know the most people. How about you?
      7 hours ago ·
    • Sonsa Rae For me, the most important topic is laying down the weapons. Stop the killing. Before we can heal the planet, we need to stop killing each other. Too much blood is being shed.
      7 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner
      I will do focused meditation and prayer 15-30 min weekly. Tuesday Thurs I’m open….Mon, Wed, Fri must be early or late.

      Heavenly Father, Divine Mother, Lord Christ, all Buddhas and Saints, Angels and Masters and Enlightened Beings.
      Please...See More
      6 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Sonsa Rae For CA the time would be 9:00 p.m.
      6 hours ago ·
    • Ragna Rostad-Ruffner ‎9pm is fine. What day would be good?
      6 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Sonsa Rae I posted the times on my wall... hopefully this will work for the majority of people. I'm praying that it does. Thank you!
      5 hours ago · · 1 person
    • Andreas Mamet I am so deeply moved... please do, please do.... much love from Paris...
      5 minutes ago ·

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Web Counter